Strong communication skills and a great vocabulary enhance a person’s personality by leaps and bounds. They are not just important to create a long-lasting good impression but also, a prerequisite when it comes to the professional world.
Lacking these basic skills can be a very serious issue. But, there is nothing to worry as we are always at your disposal. If you lack communication skills or English speaking skills, we are here to guide you.
Polish Your Communication Skills
There are several people who lack communications skills. Lack of communication skills actually has nothing to do with the language. It is mere inability to speak in front of people. So, how could you deal with it?
Let’s find out.
1. Don’t Let the Fear Stop You
Many people fail to communicate only because of fear; fear of speaking poor grammar, fear of selecting inappropriate words, so on and so forth.
Grammar is important, irrespective of the language. But, stopping yourself from speaking just because of the fear of using improper grammar is not at all fair.
Instead of letting fear seep in, you should focus on improving your grammar or combating the fear whatever the reason is.
If something is stopping you from speaking, confront it. Fight it. But don’t let it stop you from speaking.
2. Evoke Confidence
As you start confronting every single fear of yours, you will ultimately start feeling confident. You can further boost your confidence by practicing.
3. Keep Yourself Updated
People who have weak communication skills can partly attribute their weakness to lack of knowledge. Due to lack of knowledge, they find it hard to come up with topics.
Keep yourself updated and you will always have something to talk about. General awareness plays a big role in improving communication skills.
How to improve English Speaking Skills?
Many people crib about having weak English communication skills. The most common issue that arises with people is they fail to find correct words to express their minds. Whenever they find themselves conversing with people, they get confused. They fail to recall correct words, they fail to form proper sentences, and then get embarrassed.
If you are one of these people, there is absolutely nothing to get embarrassed about. You must not let your mistakes discourage you. There are many ways in which you can improve your English speaking skills.
Follow the tips mentioned here and you will be able to speak English with confidence.
- 1. Take a Deep Breath and Relax : The biggest roadblock in being able to speak fluently in English is lack of confidence. You must keep your spirit high. Often, people start feeling anxious while speaking in English and find it hard to frame proper sentences and recall proper words. The best way you can tackle this situation is by taking a deep breath before speaking. Keep yourself relaxed while speaking. Don’t shy away from committing mistakes. Just speak.
- 2. Read More : Reading would not just help you improve your vocabulary but it will also help you to understand the proper sentence formation.
- 3. Listen to English : Watch English movies and series. This will help you with both, building vocabulary, as well as sentence formation. Repeat what you hear.
- 4. Practice in front of the Mirror : If you do not have a practice partner, you need not worry. Take a magazine or newspaper, stand in front of the mirror and start reading loudly. Watch yourself as you speak. Speak out every word, clear and loud. Pay attention to pronunciation.
Imagine yourself in a particular situation and converse with the image in the mirror. Practice this regularly. Imagine a new situation every day and perform this exercise.
- 5. Use EngVarta App : When it comes to speaking English fluently and confidently, no app can beat EngVarta. EngVarta is one of the leading applications that help in polishing the communication skills.
All you need to do is to download the app in Android phone or iPhone and start practicing. At EngVarta, you are introduced with live English experts who will leave no stone unturned to make you fluent in English. You can practice English with them whenever you like and from wherever you want.
The experts keep their focus on making you speak English without any hesitation. If you practice English on EngVarta, you will be able to speak English like an English native.
- 6. Connect with live English experts : There are many native English speakers who would feel more than happy to help others speak English fluently. You can connect with these people and hone your English speaking skills. There are several websites on the internet that connect the people from various corners of the world to the live English experts. Some are sharedtalk.com, speaking24.com, verbling, penpalworld.com, etc.
On these websites, you cannot just learn to speak English but also several other languages like Italian, French, Chinese, etc.
- You can also join the various groups and forums on the social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- With these tips, you will be able to speak English in just 6 months.
For Regular English Practice with Expert: Download EngVarta Mobile App