Cover your journey from ‘Tell me about yourself’ to ‘Do you have any questions and reach your destination of getting your dream job.
Preparing for your interview questions elevates the chances of clearing the interview. It can make you stand out from the rest of the candidates as you will be mindful of what you speak. Instead of creating a loop of answers, you can create a tailored answer to these questions.
You will not be asked ‘ALL’ but probably ‘SOME’ of these questions. So start drafting honest answers one by one according to your skills, story, and abilities.
I will divide this blog into three parts.
Part 1: Basic Common Questions
Part 2: Questions for Freshers
Part 3: Interview Questions for Experienced candidates
So, let’s begin –
( Part 1 )
Basic Interview Questions –
- Tell me about Yourself
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Are you doing anything to overcome your weaknesses?
- Why do you want this job?
- What do you know about this company?
- Did you go through the job description before applying for this job?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your plans for the next five years?
- Why do you want to work with this company?
- What makes you unique as a candidate?
- Why should we hire you?
- What do you expect from this company?
- How do you prioritize your work?
- Tell me something about yourself that’s not on your resume?
- What other companies are you interviewing with?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- When can you join us?
- What are your salary expectations?
- When can you join us?
( Part 2 )
Interview Questions for Freshers
- Tell us about your education?
- Why did you choose this major? ( Example – Psychology)
- Are you considering other positions in other companies?
- What was the most challenging decision you’ve had to make?
- Why do you wish to switch careers? ( Example: if you’re from Mechanical field but wants to switch to IT )
- Can you state one of your biggest achievements in your college?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Give examples of ideas you’ve had or implemented?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What’s the most important thing you learned from school/college?
- List five words that describe your personality?
- Who is your role model?
- What do you see yourself doing in the first 30 days of this job?
- What was your greatest failure in school/college?
- Have you done any internship before?
( Part 3 )
Interview Questions for Experienced candidates
- What career accomplishments make you most proud of?
- Tell me about a difficult work situation and how you overcome it.
- How efficient are you at meeting deadlines?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Why do you want to switch your current role? ( if you’re switching departments like from marketing to sales or graphics to programming )
- Were you a team player or a follower in your last role?
- Describe a time when you had to work with someone who has a different style of working?
- What is your greatest achievement outside of work?
- Who has impacted most on your career and how?
- What will you miss about your present/last job?
- How do you deal with a situation where you fail to meet deadlines?
- What’s your salary history?
- How do you handle working with people who annoy you?
- Can you describe a time where your work was criticized? How did you handle this?
- What was the last project you led and what was its outcome?
Do you want to improve your English for your interviews? Watch this video!
How can EngVarta Experts help you to crack your interview?
Once you compose your answers, you can take each question one at a time and practice it with the Experts. The experts will tell you how you can answer the questions in a better format and speak in English naturally.
All the best!